The JPS administers the Akabori Memorial Award in accordance with Statutes 3.4.
Akabori Memorial Award
- The Akabori Memorial Award is presented in commemoration of professor’s outstanding contributions to peptide science. The award is given to scientists who have made outstanding contributions in the development in the world of peptide science.
- A certificate and medal are presented to the awardee.
- The Award is presented every two years to one single awardee.
- The chair of the nominating committee shall be appointed by the Board of the JPS. The chair organizes the committee for evaluating the nominations.
- The president of the JPS consults with the nominating committee and together with the Board of the JPS decides the Awardee.
- The Award is given during the Japanese Peptide Symposium of the selection year.
- Revisions of the regulations are made based on the decision of the Board of JPS.
This regulation is effective from 1St APRIL, 2020.