We are now calling for Nominations for the Akabori Memorial Award 2020. Please send a set of the relevant documents by June 30, 2020. The recipient of the Akabori Memorial Award 2020 is required to give his/her Award Lecture at the 57th Japanese Peptide Symposium, which will be held in Tottori, Japan, from November 9th to 11th in 2020. Being looking forward to hearing the lecture in Tottori, otherwise, we may ask the awardee to deliver the Award Lecture at the JPS Symposium in Hachioji, Tokyo in 2021 due to the outbreak of the new coronavirus infection (COVID-19).
- Luis Moroder (Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry Bioorganic Chemistry)
- Amino acid chalcogen analogs as tools in peptide and protein research
- James P. Tam (Nanyang Technological University)
- Discovery, design and synthesis of peptide bioactives
- Hiroaki Suga (The University of Tokyo)
- A RaPID Way to Discover Bioactive Natural Product-like Peptides
- Horst Kessler (Technische Universität München, Germany)
- Molecular Imaging by Peptides and Peptidomimetics
- Stephen B.H. Kent (University of Chicago, U.S.A.)
- Mirror Image Proteins: the Natural World Reinvented Using Chemistry
- Yoshiaki Kiso (Kyoto Pharmaceutical University)
- Defying difficult diseases: Peptide chemistry in medicinal science
- Jean Martinez (Université Montpellier I et II, France)
- 30 years of research with gastrointestinal neuropeptides: From gastrin/cholecystokinin to ghrelin
- Geoffrey Tregear (Howard Florey Institute, Melbourne, Australia)
- New relaxin peptides: Structure and biological function
- Yasutsugu Shimonishi (Osaka University)
- Mass spectrometry of peptides and proteins in the post-genome era
- Gunther Jung (University of Tuebingen, Germany)
- From MHC ligand motifs to T-cell antagonists and synthetic vaccines
How to submit a nomination
Please prepare following documents in PDF format and send them by E-mail.
- A brief statement of nomination (no more than 1,000 words).
- The nominee’s Curriculum Vitae and List of Publications.
- One additional recommendation letter in support for the nominee.
- No more than 5 selected reprints (PDF files).
The documents should be sent to:
The Japanese Peptide Society 4-1-2 Ina, Minoh-shi, Osaka 562-0015
June 30, 2020.