We are now calling for Nominations for the Akabori Memorial Award 2022. Please send a set of the relevant documents by June 30, 2022. The recipient of the Akabori Memorial Award 2022 is required to give his/her Award Lecture at the 59th Japanese Peptide Symposium, which will be held in Sendai, Japan, from October 26th to 28th in 2022.
The JPS administers the Akabori Memorial Award in accordance with Statutes 3.4.
Akabori Memorial Award
- The Akabori Memorial Award is presented in commemoration of professor’s outstanding contributions to peptide science. The award is given to scientists who have made outstanding contributions in the development in the world of peptide science.
- A certificate and medal are presented to the awardee.
- The Award is presented every two years to one single awardee.
- The chair of the nominating committee shall be appointed by the Board of the JPS. The chair organizes the committee for evaluating the nominations.
- The president of the JPS consults with the nominating committee and together with the Board of the JPS decides the Awardee.
- The Award is given during the Japanese Peptide Symposium of the selection year.
- Revisions of the regulations are made based on the decision of the Board of JPS.
This regulation is effective from 1St APRIL, 2020.
How to submit a nomination
Please prepare following documents in PDF format and send them by E-mail.
- A brief statement of nomination (no more than 1,000 words).
- The nominee’s Curriculum Vitae and List of Publications.
- One additional recommendation letter in support for the nominee.
- No more than 5 selected reprints (PDF files).
✽ Each nominator may propose only one candidate for the Award.
The documents should be sent to:
The Japanese Peptide Society
4-1-2 Ina, Minoh-shi, Osaka 562-0015
June 30, 2022.
- Philip E. Dawson (The Scripps Research Institute)
- Chemoselectivity in Protein Synthesis
- Luis Moroder (Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry Bioorganic Chemistry)
- Amino acid chalcogen analogs as tools in peptide and protein research
- James P. Tam (Nanyang Technological University)
- Discovery, design and synthesis of peptide bioactives
- Hiroaki Suga (The University of Tokyo)
- A RaPID Way to Discover Bioactive Natural Product-like Peptides
- Horst Kessler (Technische Universität München)
- Molecular Imaging by Peptides and Peptidomimetics
- Stephen B.H. Kent (University of Chicago)
- Mirror Image Proteins: the Natural World Reinvented Using Chemistry
- Yoshiaki Kiso (Kyoto Pharmaceutical University)
- Defying difficult diseases: Peptide chemistry in medicinal science
- Jean Martinez (Université Montpellier I et II)
- Thirty years of research with gastrointestinal neuropeptides: From gastrin/cholecystokinin to ghrelin
- Geoffrey Tregear (Howard Florey Institute, Melbourne)
- New relaxin peptides: Structure and biological function
- Yasutsugu Shimonishi (Osaka University)
- Mass spectrometry of peptides and proteins in the post-genome era
- Gunther Jung (University of Tuebingen)
- From MHC ligand motifs to T-cell antagonists and synthetic vaccines